Advantages and Disadvantages (or Pros and Cons) of Electric Fireplaces
If you have a plan to buy an electric fireplace, you definitely need to check out the pros, and cons or (advantages and disadvantages) of this type of fireplace before making final choice and decision.
Owning and having an electric fireplace in your house can give you both the pluses and minuses (which are called “pros and cons”). It is necessary, important, useful, and helpful to read the whole reviews, and analysis because you can equip yourself needed knowledge in order to buy the right ones that meet and fit your needs and requirements.
Electric Fireplace Advantages:
Decoration (or appearance) Pros
- Because electric fireplaces are designed with various types, styles, designs, colors, shapes, and sizes, you can have flexible choices to make. Regardless of your house’s structure, you can get a suitable electric fireplace that meets your needs and fits your house. These includes modern electric fireplaces with attractive decoration.
- Electric fireplaces, especially, modern ones don’t occupy much space in house. Popular types can be wall-mounted/wall-mount electric fireplaces, electric fireplace inserts, electric fireplace media & entertainment center, tv stand. Therefore, you can be free from worries about “space”. Unlike bulky traditional fireplaces, electric fireplaces can fit any size.
- Ease of use and installation is what electric fireplaces bring to you when you have one in your house. Various sizes, shapes, and materials are available for you to choose from. These come with combination of TV stands, Media and Entertainment Center, Media Console, Bookshelves or Mantels.
- Because electric fireplaces offer various sizes, and shapes, you can choose a small one for your apartment if your living space is not large. Then you can enjoy yourself with the coziness, warmth, and luxurious and elegant look generated by the electric fireplace.
- Again, the electric fireplaces are designed specially to match architectural styles in your house so that they can be great alternative for wood or gas fireplaces.
Flexibility or Convenience Pros:
- Electric fireplaces can be more durable than the traditional ones including wood or gas fireplaces since they don’t “consume” “wood” or “gas” to generate heat. It means that these types of electric fireplaces don’t face with the physical degradation and corrosion.
- It is very convenient to use since the ease of use and installation is very simple. Just a piece of cake! – Taking it out of the box and plugging it in to use. It is also movable or portable whenever you want to put it on other places. These electric fireplaces have great flexibility and portability so that they can be moved from one place to another place at any time. It means that you can put it at any room or any place you want. Electric fireplaces such as wall-mount ones, media or entertainment center, tv stand, and inserts can be done with easy installation; and this can be done quickly by one person.
- Unlike traditional fireplaces, electric fireplaces don’t require chimneys or gas lines to run and generate heat. Therefore, you can equip one in your apartment without worrying about space or other problems.
- Electric fireplaces can be used with remote control. With just a few clicks, you can turn on and turn off the electric fireplace including level of flames, level of heat, and other functions.
- Unlike traditional fireplaces, electric fireplaces can be used in summer to decorate your house without worrying about the heat (the heating elements can be turned off while the flame effects still work). You can enjoy yourself by watching the realistic flames with “NO HEAT” generated by electric fireplace.
- Unlike traditional fireplaces (gas or wood fireplaces), electric fireplaces are cost-effective. There is no leakage of heat generated by electric fireplaces since they don’t have chimney. The room(s) will be warmed up directly without wasting the heat through chimney or other ventilated system.
- You have full control of the heating elements by using remote control: adjusting level of heating elements is done by a few clicks on remote control while you cannot do that with traditional ones. It means that here is no waste of wood or gas.
- Although an electric fireplace cannot warm up the whole house because of its limitation, it can heat a small room more quickly and more efficiently while traditional fireplace can but with waste of wood or gas.